Aligning with the Paris Agreement
Setting science-based targets
Our first critical step towards reaching net-zero CO2 emissions is to focus on our operations (GHG Protocol scope 1 and 2). In parallel, we also review our entire value chain (scope 3) to set relevant targets.
A vital milestone for Duni Group was that our Science-Based Targets (SBTs) were approved in December 2023. Science-based targets ensure that the work towards further reductions of greenhouse gas emissions aligns with the Paris Agreement. It is an essential step towards reaching net zero across the value chain by 2050. The performance will be followed up on and communicated externally annually.
Duni Group’s science-based targets
- We commit to reducing absolute scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 57.1% to 2030 from a 2019 base year.*
- We also commit to reducing absolute scope 3 GHG emissions by 46.2% by 2030.
- We commit to reducing absolute scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 90% to 2050 from a 2019 base year.*
- We also commit to reducing absolute scope 3 GHG emissions by 90% by 2050.
*The target boundary includes land-related emissions and removals from bioenergy feedstocks
SDG connected to the initiative
Climate change is a huge challenge, and it is a scientific fact that human activities are the root cause. To help meet the Paris Agreement, everyone must take responsibility to reduce the adverse effects, including companies.
SDG 13: Climate Action
Duni Group aims to change the way we work, the type of energy we use, how we transport and store products and what raw materials we use in our products.
KPIs for the initiative
Sustainability is the backbone of Duni Group's business strategy. To enable continuous improvements, we must follow up on our performance. We have set key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure relevant measurements. For the sustainability initiative Going net zero, they are:
- CO2 intensity scope 1 and 2
- The target for 2025: Index 40 on CO2 emissions/production volume, 2019 base year
Learn more about our sustainability initiatives
We strive to be a good employer that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We should be a company that actively participates in society and shares our values and expertise in discussions with various stakeholders.